Not only has the APA assured long-standing protection of its members’ interests, it works as a source of information across the audiovisual sector and ensures cultivation of the Czech audiovisual environment.
The APA promotes professionalism and education in the field of production by means of financial scholarships/subsidies for producers. The “Programme in support of the participation of producers in educational programmes” was created at the initiative of the producers themselves and has operated officially since 2013.
- Support is granted to producers for educational programs, workshops or courses that contribute to the development of production skills.
- The scholarship only covers the costs of the producer's course fees, not the costs associated with transport, accommodation or course fees for other team members.
- Scholarships are granted up to the value of 50% of a course fee, but up to a maximum value of EUR 1,000.
- The APA Board of Directors decides on the awarding of scholarships based on the application.
- Student of film schools or producers who are not APA members may also apply for a scholarship.
- The condition is to send a completed application form including annexes.
- A scholarship application can be submitted after receiving confirmation of inclusion in the given educational program, but no later than 14 days after the end of the educational program or after the end of its last part (in the case of dividing the educational program into several parts).
- You can apply for a specific educational program only once.
- When submitting the application, the applicant must have resolved all obligations to APA (submitted final reports of previous scholarships, paid membership fees).
- You can apply for a scholarship only once in a given calendar year.
- The deadlines for submitting applications this year are April 30, August 31 and December 20.
- Applicants receive confirmation of financial support no later than 14 days after the decision of the board of directors.
- Applications for a scholarship are submitted as scans and sent to the email address email@example.com
- Within 14 days after completing the educational programme, the recipient of scholarship must submit a final report, which is subsequently published on the APA website. 20% of the scholarship is payable only after the submission of the final report.